Citrus is in! What’s not to love about pairing oranges, limes, tangerines, lemons with fish! Citrus fruits are often used in cooking to “brighten” flavors and work well to counter many of the briny flavors present in seafood. This is why lemon and fish can go so well together. The salt and the acid balance each other while doing a little flavor dance on the palate.
When we squeeze citrus onto our fish platters, you are setting up a reaction that neutralizes the fishiness, thus greatly improving the taste of the fish.
Here are 6 recipes that combine citrus flavors with fish.
- Want a refreshing seafood dish? Try this Crab Salad with awesome ingredients like grapefruit, lentils, and walnuts!
- This Sheet Pan Mediterranean Snapper is tangy and bright, full of citrus goodness, seasonal veggies, and the yummiest za’atar yogurt marinade to keep the fish super tender.
- Salmon & Rice Packets with Fennel, Orange & Raisins are a tasty and easy choice for the whole family. Simply wrap the salmon and veggies in foil and stick it in the oven for a flavorful fish dish.
- Enjoy a One Pan Fish Dish that is both easy to make and veggie-filled, topped with lemon to add color and flavor.
- Sweet orange salmon is a delicious dinner topped with a yummy corn salsa that kids love…and with all the healthy fats of salmon!
- Try this Foil Packet Lemon and Herb White Fish that requires just a few ingredients and tons of delicious lemony flavors!
Leave a Reply