It may sound bizarre but a pizza joint in my home state of Connecticut is known for their white clam pizza! Here’s my take on a New England treasure – and I have yet to meet a kid that doesn’t swoon for this pizza.
Recipe by Dana White Nutrition.
You can use store-bought pizza dough, but if you want to make your own, here are the simple steps to a delicious at-home dough! This recipe makes a large batch of dough, freeze whatever you don’t need for a future pizza night. For a make-ahead meal, make the dough and clam mixture the night before.
- 1 packet of dry active yeast
- 1 tsp. honey
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- To make the dough, combine 2 cups of warm water with yeast and honey (or sugar), whisk gently and set aside for 15 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- Place flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, turn on and mix the flour and salt.
- With the machine running on low add yeast mixture and olive oil. Turn speed to medium and continue to mixture until dough comes together in a ball, about 3 minutes.
- Turn off machine and place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rise for at least one hour.