Five Standout Individuals to Be Honored for Going Above and Beyond to Encourage More Americans to Eat Seafood for Better Health
The Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) is proud to announce its inaugural class of 2019 Seafood Nutrition Partnership Honorees, a group of individuals who have gone above and beyond to support the SNP mission, inspiring a healthier America with exceptional outreach and impact in raising awareness about the essential nutritional benefits of eating seafood.
After receiving public nominations, the Honors panel selected five individuals as its first class of honorees. These individuals are passionate about improving the lives of Americans and have demonstrated exceptional impact.
2019 SNP Honorees:
- Ms. Laurel Bryant, Chief of External Affairs Division, NOAA Fisheries; SNP National Leadership Council; Ms. Bryant has been instrumental in developing effective partnerships across the seafood sector to support the positive movement for sustainable seafood and seafood for human health. She has worked at NOAA for 25 years.
- Ms. Annessa Chumbley, RDN, TV Host, ALL IN, WISH-TV; Spokesperson & Dietitian, Ms. Chumbley has supported SNP since 2014 in the Phase 1 Public Health Campaign in Indianapolis, IN highlighting SNP on morning shows and now with Little Seafoodies in Phase 2. She focused on omega-3s in her dietetics program and shares her love of seafood with her audience.
- It took a giant leap of faith and vision by three individuals to serve as the founding Board Members of SNP. They have dedicated time to helping the President form the organization and laying a foundation to move the needle on seafood consumption
- Mr. Jack Kilgore, retired President of Rich Products – Consumer Brands Division; Mr. Kilgore led Seafood Education Foundation discovery process at NFI starting in 2011, served as SNP Chairman from 2015-2017, currently the SNP Treasurer.
- Mr. Judson Reis, President & CEO, served as founding SNP Chairman 2013-2014 and continues to serve on the board. Mr. Reis worked in partnership with the President to develop a game-changing vision for SNP.
- Mr. Detlef Schrempf, President, Detlef Schrempf Foundation; Mr. Schrempf believes in helping Americans be healthier, is a role model for healthy eating and fitness, and utilized his celebrity platform to support SNP’s mission since the founding.
SNP will be showing special appreciation and recognition for the Chairman’s Circle supporters of the Phase 1 Campaign for helping to move the needle on seafood consumption for better health: DSM, Trident Seafoods, Gorton’s, High Liner Foods, Mazzetta, National Fisheries Institute, American Seafoods Group, Bumble Bee, Rich Products, MOWI, Long John Silver’s, Glacier Fish Company, Fortune Fish & Gourmet, King & Prince Seafood, CenSea, Harbor Seafood, Eastern Fish Company
The outstanding efforts of these individuals and organizations will be acknowledged formally at the Seafood Nutrition Partnership Honors Gala on September 16, 2019 (tickets) in advance of the Seafood Nutrition Partnership’s State of the Science Symposium in Washington DC, September 17, 2019 (tickets). The sponsors for the SNP Honors Gala are DSM at the Gold Level and CenSea, Inc. and Open Blue at the Silver Levels.
If you would like to make a donation in honor of these individuals or place a congratulatory ad in the Gala program, please contact Deb Dale, Director of Development, at email@example.com.