Eat Seafood, America Campaign Downloads & Social Shares
Here’s How You Can Help:
- Eat seafood and buy seafood. It’s as simple as that! Buy it online or order pick-up from purveyors, restaurants, mail-order, grocery stores.
- Post a photo of your meal, tag it with #EatSeafoodAmerica.
- Repeat. Keep supporting our nation’s seafood community by eating seafood and buying seafood as often as you can.
And, remember, we’re here to support our communities and fellow Americans – be nice and stay positive. Thank you!
Themes to Support #EatSeafoodAmerica This Fall
Download the full toolkit here.
Stay Strong with Family Meals
Help make fish dishes fun & affordable
Sample Social Posts
- We care about the health of you and your family and are committed to helping you make meals at home fun, affordable and healthier, offering [insert tips, promos, mealtime solutions, or other highlights]. #EatSeafoodAmerica #FamilyMealsMovement
- We are in unprecedented times and while juggling work and online schooling, mealtime can be an afterthought. We’re here to be your ally—the solution to your dinner dilemma. [LINK to blog post or recipes] #EatSeafoodAmerica #FamilyMealsMovement
- We’re committed to help you make #familymeals at home fun, affordable and healthier. Comment below to let us know how we can support you in getting health family meals on the table. #StrongerTogether #EatSeafoodAmerica
- Need something quick and easy for #dinner? Most seafood cooks in 15 minutes or less. For inspiration, visit: http://www.seafoodnutrition.org/recipes #SeafoodMonth #EatSeafoodAmerica
Back to the Source
Highlight the working waterfront communities
Sample Social Posts
- How can we support fishermen & seafood farmers so their businesses can thrive (and adapt) during these extremely difficult times? #EatSeafoodAmerica! It’s that simple. #eatmoreseafood
- Many fishermen, farmers and distributors have shifted to online deliveries to help get healthy seafood to Americans. Help support these local businesses. [LINK to business or directory] #EatSeafoodAmerica #backtowork
- Support fishing communities during these trying times. Here’s advice on how from @aragostamama: If you want to support fishermen and eat sustainable seafood start by learning about when different types of seafood are available, ask for fish that is caught and landed by American fishermen, and eat a variety of seafood. #EatSeafoodAmerica #fishermen #sustainableseafood
- Seafood is good for you and good for the planet, too! #LearnMore about #sustainableseafood https://www.seafoodnutrition.org/sustainable #EatSeafoodAmerica
Fall Fish Favorites
Seasonal seafood paired with the autumn harvest
Sample Social Posts
- Lobster, oysters, cod and many more seafood favorites are in season right now for fall harvest. Support your fishermen and seek out clams, crab, halibut, mussels, scallops, pollock, salmon — all fall fish favorites! #EatSeasonally #FreshFish #FallHarvest #EatSeafoodAmerica
- We’re all seeking comfort during these trying times, and for us that means (healthy) comfort foods. Check out this seasonal celebration of #seafood #comfortfood #recipes with everything from Pumpkin Risotto with Scallops to Cod & Smoked Salmon Chowder https://www.seafoodnutrition.org/seafood-101/recipe-roundup/seasonal-celebration-seafood-comfort-food/ #EatSeafoodAmerica
Seafood Is Simple
Many fish dishes cook in 15 minutes or less
Sample Social Posts
- Need something quick and easy for #dinner? Most seafood cooks in 15 minutes or less. For #recipe inspiration, visit https://www.seafoodnutrition.org/recipes/?fwp_dietary_considerations=quick-meals #EatSeafoodAmerica
- Good rule of thumb: Try the 10-minute rule, which says you should measure the fish at its thickest point, and cook it on medium-high for 10 minutes per inch, turning halfway through the cooking time. #EatSeafoodAmerica #RealSimple #DYK #EasyDinner
- Life can be complicated, especially during these times. Meals can be simple with seafood. Need a quick #recipe? Many fish dishes can be made in 15 minutes or less. Plus, if you didn’t plan ahead, seafood can be cooked from frozen! Check out this blog post for more #tips [LINK] #EatSeafoodAmerica #weeknightdinner #athome
Live Healthier with Seafood
Seafood can lift you up during these trying times
- Now, more than ever, people are looking for ways to “boost” their immune system. Seafood, both fish and shellfish, provides essential nutrients to the body that support immune health.
- Seafood is a nutrient-packed food that reduces inflammation with vitamins A, B, and D, as well as omega-3 fatty acids and minerals such as calcium, selenium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium and potassium.
- Zinc helps the immune system fight off invading bacteria and viruses, and is found in abundance in oysters. Other shellfish such as crab and lobster as well as some fish like sardines, salmon, flounder and sole are a good sources of zinc.
- BLOG POST: Support Your Immune Health by Eating a Variety of Seafood
- SOCIAL POST: Seafood helps support your immune health. Good nutrition is essential to support a strong immune system, and seafood is nutrient-packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory vitamins, minerals such as selenium, iron and zinc, and omega-3s. https://www.seafoodnutrition.org/seafood-101/support-your-immune-health-with-seafood #EatSeafoodAmerica #immunehealth
Stress & Anxiety
- When we are depressed or anxious, we naturally resist self-care, including preparing and eating nutritious food. But good nutrition is more important than ever for those suffering from depression. Research shows that our daily food choices influence our mental health, and evidence is strong that seafood is brain food.
- SOCIAL POST: Seafood has the vitamins needed to boost your mood and calm your mind. #LearnMore https://www.seafoodnutrition.org/seafood-101/health-tips/seafood-is-brain-food-anxiety-stress #EatSeafoodAmerica
- SOCIAL POST: Fish is like a multivitamin for your brain. Fish is more than just an excellent source of lean protein and essential #omega3s, it provides other vitamins & minerals important for mental health. The nutrients that tend to be low in people who are depressed – #vitaminD, magnesium & zinc – are found in #fish. https://www.seafoodnutrition.org/seafood-101/health-tips/seafood-is-brain-food-multivitamin-for-your-brain/ #EatSeafoodAmerica
- FACT SHEET: A Dive into Mental Health & Depression
Wellness & Self-Care
- SOCIAL POST: During these stressful times, your health and #wellness comes first. Think of seafood as #selfcare – you get to eat something delicious while doing something very healthy for yourself. #EatSeafoodAmerica
- SOCIAL POST: With all that is happening, a lot of people are struggling right now to get a good night’s sleep. Eating seafood has been shown to improve sleep quality as well as daily functioning for adults and kids alike. #EatSeafoodAmerica